Coup De Grâce Bolt Action/shop/coup-de-grace-bolt-action-1747
Bolt actions must be shipped to a licensed FFL (Federal Firearms Licensee).
Your order confirmation email will contain FFL shipping instructions.
Whether it puts competitors out of their misery or puts and end to the confusion resulting from the myriad of other bolt actions with little or nothing to distinguish one from the other, American Rifle Company’s Coup De Grâce is certainly worthy of its name.
From the Oxford English Dictionary:
e. coup de grâce n. /ku də ɡras/ [literally stroke of grace] a blow by which one condemned or mortally wounded is ‘put out of his misery’ or dispatched quickly; hence figurative a finishing stroke, one that settles or puts an end to something.
The Coup De Grâce does more with less and looks great doing it with its beautiful and simplified design. The bolt assembly is composed of only sixteen parts, but can function with as few as twelve, of which two are springs and one is a ball. The entire bolt, even the striker assembly, can be disassembled in the field without the use of tools.
The Coup De Grâce is explosively tested for safety at pressures that greatly exceed standard proof loads.
- Short action weight: 947 grams (2.1 pounds)
- Long action weight: 1084 grams (2.4 pounds)
- Remington 700 footprint
- Integral recoil lug
- Integral 20 or 30 MOA Picatinny rail
- 1.0625-20 UN 2B barrel thread
- Screw-adjustable trigger hanger
- AIAW optimized - no mag latch modifications necessary (short action)
- AICS compatible with optional forward hard stop piece (short action)
- AICS 3.850"/CIP magazine compatibility (long action)
- Robust, 9 o'clock bolt release
- Receiver-mounted passive (aka mechanical) ejector
- DLC Finish
- Tool-less bolt assembly
- 3 lug interchangeable floating bolt heads 0.378" to 0.588"
- 70° bolt rotation
- Controlled-round-feed extractor with ability to push/single feed
- Pivoting handle primary extraction
- Fixed handle option for conventional cam extraction
- Dual cocking cams
- Toroidal bolt-lug bearing surfaces
- Standard 5/16-24 UNF 2A bolt knob thread
- Black nitride finish
Please be advised that cartridges with 14.93mm (.588 in) diameter case heads, i.e. 338 Lapua Mag, will not be engaged by the extractor as they are released by the magazine feed lips. Instead, they will feed in a manner like that exhibited by push feed actions, especially if used with the fixed bolt handle.
We strongly recommend choosing the pivoting handle for use with the 588 bolt head for two reasons. First, large cartridges are more likely to get stuck in the chamber than small cartridges. And secondly, the cartridges will be extractable without the need to rotate the bolt closed.
- Distance from bolt face to receiver face is held at 0.825" +/- .001"
- Barrel interface drawing is posted under the 'Documents' tab
- We advise the use of conical breech barrels for case heads .473" and smaller
- Flat breech prefits can be used for cartridges having a case head of .532" or larger
Chassis + Stocks
- Remington 700 pattern compatibility
- Clearance required for trigger hanger
- Clearance required for 9 o'clock bolt release (this typically applies only to stocks)
- Adjustable magazine latch is ideal to take advantage of dual AICS and AIAW mag compatibility (short actions)
- AW magazines will fit a standard length magazine latch (short actions are optimized for this)
- AICS magazines will require a shorter than standard magazine latch
- Clearance is required for use of the optional AICS magazine stop tab
- Stock inlets must accommodate AICS or AIAW compatible DBM bottom metal
- Hawkins M5 DBM bottom metal requires slight modification for clearance of trigger hanger
- Current Coup De Grâce actions are not BDL compatible
- Short actions are optimized for AIAW magazines
- Short actions will feed from AICS magazines but require an adjustable mag latch or modification of a fixed latch
- Long actions will accept AICS 3.850"/CIP length magazines
- For 223 Rem and 5.56x45 NATO, use metal Accurate Mag 00100-0037 (10 round) and -0038 (5 round)
- MDT Polymer 223 mag is not compatible with the Coup De Grâce
- Remington 700 compatible - must be used without bolt release
- We suggest using fixed bolt handles for Trigger Tech Diamonds, Bix'N Andy Tac Sport Pro, and other ultra-lightweight triggers
- Tubb triggers are not compatible
- Standard 1913 Picatinny and STANAG 4694 rail interface
Bolt Face/Action Length
If you don't see the cartridge you're looking for and are unsure what bolt face you need, please contact us!
Please note that all bolts will have a black nitride finish. The unfinished bolt is just for fluting example. Bolts can also be seen in the video linked below.
Pivoting vs. Fixed Bolt Handle
Please watch the video below. Handle information begins at 1:30.
*applies only to bolt knob and trigger hanger
Mags, Bolt Handles, and Conical Breech